Factors that Influence the Income of Basket Craftsmen: Evidence from Nagori Sigodang, Simalungun Regency, Indonesia

Authors

  • Elidawaty Purba Faculty of Economics, Simalungun University, Kota Pematang Siantar, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
  • Wico Jontarudi Tarigan Faculty of Economics, Simalungun University, Kota Pematang Siantar, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
  • Sadema Natalina Tamba Faculty of Economics, Simalungun University, Kota Pematang Siantar, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
  • Risma Nurhaini Munthe Faculty of Economics, Simalungun University, Kota Pematang Siantar, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.56225/ijfeb.v2i2.210

Keywords:

capital, working hours, length of business, income

Abstract

Today, a nation's economic condition can identify from an increased supply of goods and services. Also, technological progress is a determinant of economic growth. It describes the ability to provide a variety of goods to the community to get a decent income to meet the needs of everyday life. This study determines the factors that influence the income of basket craftsmen in Nagori Sigodang, Panei District, Simalungun Regency. The population in this study were Nagori Sigodang basket craftsmen, Panei District, Simalungun Regency. The sample size was used purposive sampling by determining special characteristics according to the research objectives. The data were analysed using multiple linear regression tests, hypothesis tests, and coefficient of determination. The results of the multiple linear regression test showed that capital, working hours, and length of business had a positive effect on the income of basket craftsmen; the hypothesis test for the t-test obtained that capital, working hours, and length of business had a significant effect on the income of basket craftsmen, the F-test obtained capital, working hours, and the length of business has a significant effect on the income of basket craftsmen, the coefficient of determination is 0.666, which means that 66.6 percent the level of income can be explained by capital, working hours, and length of business while the remaining 33.4 percent is influenced by other factors not included in the study.

References

Ghozali, I. (2015). Partial Least Squares Konsep, Teknik dan Aplikasi Menggunakan Program SmartPLS (2nd ed.). Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.

Johannisson, B. (1986). Network strategies: management technology for entrepreneurship and change. International Small Business Journal, 5(1), 19–30. https://doi.org/10.1177/026624268600500103

Liñán, F. (2004). Intention-based models of entrepreneurship education. Piccolla Impresa/Small Business, 3(1), 11–35.

Manurung, A. H., Haymans, A. M., & Manurung, A. H. (2008). Modal untuk bisnis UKM. In Kompas Media Nusantara, Jakarta.

Neneh, B. N. (2011). The impact of entrepreneurial characteristics and business practices on the long term survival of small and medium enterprises (SMEs). University of the Free State.

Pauzi, A., & Budiana, D. (2016). Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Secara Langsung Maupun Tidak Langsung Ketimpangan Distribusi Pendapatan. E-Jurnal Ekonomi Pembangunan Universitas Udayana, 5(6), 668–691.

Purba, E., Purba, B., Syafii, A., Khairad, F., Damanik, D., Siagian, V., Ginting, A. M., Silitonga, H. P., Fitrianna, N., SN, A., & Ernanda, R. (2021). Metode Penelitian Ekonomi (1st ed.). Kita Menulis.

Rachmawan, A., Lizar, A. A., & Mangundjaya, W. L. H. (2015). The role of parent's influence and self-efficacy on entrepreneurial intention. The Journal of Developing Areas, 49(3), 417–430. https://doi.org/10.1353/jda.2015.0157

Riyanto, B. (2010). Dasar-dasar Pembelanjaan Perusahaan (4th ed.). BPFE-Yogyakarta.

Subrata, A. G., & Damanik, D. (2019). Faktor - faktor yang mempengaruhi pendapatan industri rumah tangga tenun ULOS Di Kota Pematangsiantar. Jurnal Ekuilnomi, 1(1), 1–8. https://doi.org/10.36985/ekuilnomi.v1i1.253

Sukirno, S. (2004). Macroeconomic Introduction Theory. In Third edition, PT RajaGrafindo Persada, Jakarta.

Wahyono, B. (2017). Analisis Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Pendapatan Pedagang di Pasar Bantul Kabupaten Bantul. Jurnal Pendidikan Dan Ekonomi, 6(4), 388–399.

Zamzani, F., & Nusa, N. D. (2016). Akuntansi Pengantar 1. Gajah Mada University.

Downloads

Published

2023-06-30

How to Cite

Purba, E., Tarigan, W. J., Tamba, S. N., & Munthe, R. N. (2023). Factors that Influence the Income of Basket Craftsmen: Evidence from Nagori Sigodang, Simalungun Regency, Indonesia. International Journal of Finance, Economics and Business, 2(2), 128–133. https://doi.org/10.56225/ijfeb.v2i2.210

Issue

Section

Articles
Abstract viewed = 111 times